2 mai 2018

Koningsdag 2018

Koningsdag 2018
You might know it already, but I lived in Amsterdam from August 2017 to January 2018, and it was such a great experience. Last weekend I visited friends of mine I met during my semester abroad, for the national Holiday of the Netherlands : the Koningdag (or King's day). 

If you ever have the occasion to do so, I do recommend you to come in Amsterdam or in any other big city of the Netherland to celebrate the 27th of April. Amsterdam turned into a huge flea market mixed with a festival. The canals were filled with boats,  the streets crowded af, and most of the people were dressed in orange -and so did I. Also, you really should go to NDSM, especially during this day, it was so great! really something do to.

Koningsdag 2018
Koningsdag 2018
Koningsdag 2018
Koningsdag 2018
Koningsdag 2018

It was so great to see my friends again, and it was great to be back home, even for one weekend. It was such a strange feeling tho, it really was as if I was coming back to live there again, as nothing had changed. But as I knew I was there only for 3 days, I tried to take the most of it and really enjoyed my stay. 

Koningsdag 2018
Koningsdag 2018
Koningsdag 2018
Koningsdag 2018

I don't usually post personal articles as such, but I really wanted to share a bit of my life and of my trip with this one. I really missed my friends and this city, so I guess it is my way to immortalise this weekend. Also I promised Kyle it would be on the blog, so here it is. 

Koningsdag 2018

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire